We’re dedicated to building long term, authentic relationships with our suppliers, and only work with factories that are committed to our ethical and sustainable values. These creative, talented people are the first changemakers in the circular process towards a more sustainable future and stitch by stitch they enable us to dress up for change. Meet the makers behind your clothes and say hello to the artists who transform these beautiful textiles into fashionable clothing.
ETHICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL PRINCIPLES
Cornelia Sun is designed in Sweden and proudly produced by small family-run businesses in Kathmandu, Nepal. Our team has visited our factories personally to make sure that our co-workers operate under both good economic and environmental conditions that correspond to our code of conduct. These principles covers fair working- and living conditions as well as values that which complies with our personal philosophy.
- No child labour, all our co-workers are over 18 years old and for the moment they are about 20 people working at the factory. Traditionally, most of these tailors are men, but we´re looking into a trainee program that aim to encourages more women to join. Can´t wait for this to be released!
- Our partners offer fair living wages only, which means a wage that is high enough to maintain a normal standard of living (not equal to minimum wages).
- Regelated working hours is standard and it implies 8 hour per day including breaks.
- Non-discrimination is prevailing and covers all employees.
- Our code of conduct also comprises freedom of association, no involuntary labour and regular healthy and safety controls.
To ensure our partners hold on to these principles we also cooperates with a third party which is a Swedish family we known for many years. They help us with everything from visiting the factory to make sure everyone is enjoying what they do to organizing new samples that we´ve sent. We are so grateful for the close relationships that we have developed with our co-workers at the factories and for the partnership we have built with Niklas, Fia and their beautiful little family who always are understanding our needs. Because of them – this collective is. So send them lots of love and don´t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
xx Lisa and Julia, sisters & co-founders of Cornelia Sun Collective
Goal number 12; Responsible Consumption & Production. One of the most important ones according to our business.
Learn more about how we work with Agenda 2030 HERE.
We are happy to answer any additional questions, please contact us at: email@example.com